Press Release - Real Time Video Sharing
Video conferencing leader first to seamlessly offer ability to play movies, vignettes, and videos during a meeting across all desktop, mobile and conference room platforms simultaneously
July 17, 2013— MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA – Blue Jeans Network, the global leader in interoperable video collaboration services, today announced the availability of real time video sharing. This new feature augments the service’s already robust content sharing capabilities and now allows any meeting participant to play stored video files, such as movies, trailers, commercials, product vignettes, or training videos, into a Blue Jeans meeting in real time across all desktop, mobile, and conference room platforms in the meeting.
This video sharing feature is part of Blue Jeans’ pioneering effort to enrich the collaboration toolkit available to businesses of all sizes as they look to provide the benefits of face-to-face collaboration between colleagues, customers and partners who cannot physically be in the same location but still wish to conduct effective meetings, interviews and sales engagements.
“Technology is reshaping business meetings with visual and interactive communications at the forefront,” said Stu Aaron, Chief Commercial Officer of Blue Jeans Network. “Online video is a big part of this trend as the fastest growing media platform in history. By enabling people to quickly and easily upload video files, and then to share and synchronously watch them with participants during a meeting, Blue Jeans real time video sharing adds a powerful communication and storytelling tool to the modern meeting.”
With 89 million people in the U.S. watching 1.2 billion online videos each day, video everywhere is the new reality. Video sharing is especially powerful for organizations whose work revolves around collaboration including entertainment, advertising and marketing agencies.
"Blue Jeans allows our team to seamlessly collaborate so we can focus on the creative work that is at the core of our business,” said John Feldheim, IT Manager of Core Media Group. “As an entertainment company we are constantly pushing the envelope to develop compelling content and face-to-face collaboration is a huge part of that process. With the video sharing feature from Blue Jeans, we are able to get immediate feedback and quickly make crucial decisions for the brands we are representing. "
Blue Jeans’ new video sharing feature supports industry standard file formats and is as easy as uploading files to a private folder and sharing them during any meeting. Video sharing features include:
- The ability to upload and share videos before and during the meeting through a new “sharing tab,” available to all account holders.
- Simultaneous video play back across all supported video endpoints in the meeting including desktop, mobile, and room-based systems.
- Synchronous viewing by all meeting participants with play, pause, rewind and fast forward controls.
- Automatic muting of the conference’s audio when the video file is being shared.
- “Push to Talk” capability that lowers the video’s volume, and allows meeting participants to talk over the video.
- Robust layout controls including Blue Jeans unique “slider” functionality to adjust the relative sizes of the video being played and the video of the other meeting participants.
- Up to 50G storage for video files, with additional storage available if needed.
With Blue Jeans, meetings are engaging, personal and effective by connecting people face-to-face anywhere there is an internet connection, from practically any device. A recent report from Blue Jeans benchmarks the changing landscape of modern meetings, demonstrating how people are staying connected anywhere, anytime:
- 1 in 10 meetings are held on weekends and Wednesdays and Thursdays are the most popular meeting days.
- Singapore, San Francisco, Prague, Dubai and New York are some of the cities from which people most frequently collaborate.
- 1 billion miles of travel and $600 million in travel related costs were saved using Blue Jeans in one year alone – the equivalent of planting 24 million new trees.
WIn addition, today, to offer every customer an initial video to share, Blue Jeans Network announced the release of “The Roominator”. In the same vein as its “SniffRTC” video earlier this year, the unofficial work from home sponsor created this pseudo real product vignette to illustrate how a groundbreaking new hardware product, combined with the Blue Jeans service makes it possible to make your office truly mobile and take your meetings with you. “The Roominator” solves being in two places at once by providing custom backdrops for where you want to be, rather than where you are, increasing flexibility in today’s mobile workforce. To view the product video for “The Roominator” and see firsthand its unique and crucial use cases, visit bluejeans.com/roominator or check out the Blue Jeans Network blog for more product details.
For more information about the new real time video sharing feature or Blue Jeans Network please visit https://www.bluejeans.com/video-sharing.
About Blue Jeans Network
At Blue Jeans Network, our mission is to make video communications as easy and pervasive as audio communications, enabling more effective collaboration at work, at home, and on the road. Our cloud-based conferencing service makes this possible by enabling customers to connect with each other seamlessly any time, anywhere, and from practically any device. The Blue Jeans Network extends high quality video communications beyond the traditional boundaries of specialized conference rooms and into the mainstream, allowing individuals and employees throughout an enterprise to interact more effectively with each other, and with their customers, partners, suppliers, family, and friends. Blue Jeans Network is a private company headquartered in Mountain View, California. For more information go to: https://www.bluejeans.com or follow the company @BlueJeansNet
Highwire for Blue Jeans Network