Billions of minutes spent on BlueJeans last year; Usage doubling every year
March 28, 2017 — MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.—BlueJeans Network, Inc. the leading video meetings platform, today announced numerous product enhancements and milestones as the company delivers new technology to elevate meeting experiences. BlueJeans also announced a partnership with Dolby Laboratories (see separate release for details) to radically enhance audio capabilities across the BlueJeans platform.
"With billions of minutes spent on BlueJeans last year, taking place across six continents and in more than 150 countries, we have developed a loyal following of enterprise customers who trust our technology as an integral part of their culture," said BlueJeans Network Chief Product Officer, Mark Strassman. "BlueJeans appeals to companies looking for a better meeting solution, one that their employees will love because of its ease of use that also provides the enterprise-grade functionality today’s IT professionals demand. Our success isn’t just about meeting customers where they are today - it is about having a shared vision for the future."
In addition to bringing superior interactivity to meetings, events, conference rooms, and social networks, BlueJeans’ product upgrades allow customers to replace legacy conferencing and webinar tools for an improved meeting experience. Upcoming capabilities include:
- Meeting Room Upgrades: BlueJeans continues its commitment to creating optimal meeting spaces by expanding hardware support within the BlueJeans Huddle ecosystem, featuring technology providers Dell, Jabra, Logitech and Dolby. In addition, by integrating with IoT device company, Kaptivo, BlueJeans will bring its customers the ability to transition an analog whiteboard into a smart whiteboard, allowing users to share live whiteboard sketches with BlueJeans meeting participants.
New capabilities available now:
- Remote Desktop Control: With Remote Desktop Control, participants in BlueJeans meetings can control another’s computer to extend help or navigate through documents and/or applications.
- Event Registration for Large Scale Events: Pre-event registration captures attendee information, enabling greater control and visibility for BlueJeans event organizers as to whom is registering for and attending their events.
- SIP Trunking: BlueJeans customers can now connect their enterprise VOIP environments directly to the BlueJeans cloud for wideband audio over the phone.
- Web Real Time Communication (WebRTC): Support for WebRTC has been expanded to include a download-free join experience in Firefox and Opera.
These product enhancements come after a remarkable 2016, during which the number of minutes spent on the BlueJeans platform doubled, with millions of meetings taking place across the globe. Today one in three Fortune 500 companies are BlueJeans customers.
To learn more about all of the exciting developments at BlueJeans, please visit www.bluejeans.com.
About Blue Jeans Network
BlueJeans is the world's leading provider of interoperable video communication, bringing video to you wherever you are. Thousands of global companies use BlueJeans every day for meetings, events, and on social networks across any location or device including mobile, desktop, and room systems. BlueJeans replaces traditional web conferencing technologies for a modern workforce, delivering face-to-face video communication for any organization who wants to bring their employees, leaders, and partners closer together. For more information, visit www.bluejeans.com.