WebRTC-based Browser Eliminates Meeting Friction for External Users
MOUNTAIN VIEW – October 8, 2018 - The first cloud service to connect desktops, mobile devices, and room systems in one video meeting, BlueJeans Network, Inc. today announced the availability of BlueJeans Meetings in the Browser, a full-featured meetings solution designed for organizations that collaborate with third parties, partners and customers beyond the typical security boundaries of the enterprise. Many collaboration tools force the download of an executable file. BlueJeans Meetings in the Browser is built in response to direct customer feedback requesting a standards-based, superior meetings experience within the browser. Customers who are serious about driving adoption look for platform quality and consistency between mobile, desktop and browser.
BlueJeans is the leader in WebRTC open-source standard adoption. In continued efforts to advance its 2018 WebRTC product of the year, BlueJeans Meetings in the Browser includes a simple and intuitive user interface, spatial audio and Intelligent JoinTM, a new setting that allows meeting hosts to preselect whether attendees will be directed to download the client or join directly via browser link. The WebRTC open-source standard is an important factor in building a productive, spontaneous and collaborative platform for the modern workplace.
“We’re on a mission to help people innovate with open source technology,” said Mike Kelly, CIO, Red Hat. “By delivering a seamless meeting experience, BlueJeans helps our teams collaborate internally and externally—connecting them with developers, partners and customers around the world. With BlueJeans embracing the WebRTC open-source standard, high-quality video meetings can now happen across browsers with zero downloads to ensure that anyone, including those in locked-down environments, can work together securely. Openness and community are core values for us, and we appreciate BlueJeans’ commitment to these values.”
BlueJeans in the Browser enables functional teams to engage with external parties without friction or frustration and delivers the simplest approach for collaboration across organizations.
- New BlueJeans Desktop app 2.0 functionality in the browser delivers immersive video, intelligent controls that hide when they are not in use and preference managers to quickly select cameras and microphones.
- Spatial audio allows participants to hear individuals speaking from a distinct location without stepping on one another while filtering background noises in crowded or noisy environments.
- Intelligent Join allows meeting hosts to preselect whether meeting attendees will be directed to download the client or entered directly into a browser-based meeting.
- New support for Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer in addition to Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Opera delivers a consistent platform experience across mobile, browser and desktop that minimize productivity declines from user discrepancies.
“BlueJeans Meetings in the Browser is an important milestone in delivering a fully functional experience that is consistent in any environment. Users don’t want to pre-plan their meetings. You accept the invite and join. It should be that simple from whatever device you are using and wherever you are located,” said Zachary Bosin, Senior Director, Product Marketing, BlueJeans Network. “Too much meeting management was put on the user, team and organization. BlueJeans in the Browser and the rest of our product suite handles the meeting management and performance so that our users can focus on their work.”
The ability to initiate a meeting that does not require any download, set up or management is particularly important to employees who engage with people outside their organization, including:
- Sales leaders and representatives can host virtual sales calls confident that their prospects can attend, even from locked-down environments.
- HR leaders and recruiters can schedule virtual interviews secure in the knowledge their candidates can join.
- Marketing leaders can conduct virtual press briefings and analyst calls, knowing their audience can join and see the content.
- Customer service teams who require frictionless support calls, knowing their customers will not need to download software.
About BlueJeans Network
BlueJeans is the meetings platform for the modern workplace and the first cloud service to connect desktops, mobile devices and room systems in one video meeting. Thousands of companies from growing businesses to Fortune 500 leaders use BlueJeans every day for video, audio and web conferencing meetings and large interactive events, so people can work productively where and how they want. For more information, visit www.bluejeans.com.