ORLANDO—March 19, 2019 – (Enterprise Connect)—The first cloud service to connect desktops, mobile devices, and room systems in one video meeting, Blue Jeans Network, Inc. today announced its plan to offer BlueJeans Rooms-as-a-Service featuring Dolby Voice® Room in the near future. BlueJeans Rooms-as-a-Service featuring Dolby Voice® Room will be a new service-based subscription model for quickly adopting Dolby’s award-winning hardware with BlueJeans’ enterprise-grade cloud Meetings Platform. With a convenient way to purchase your BlueJeans Rooms license, Dolby Voice Room hardware, maintenance and support in one simple invoice, this offering, when available, will give your teams everything they need to support the next phase of your business.
The Room-as-a-Service model disrupts the traditional purchasing model by providing IT decision makers with the benefits of predictable pricing, a simplified approval process, and the convenience of adding more rooms as needed—all from a single vendor. Sold directly or through channel resellers, BlueJeans anticipates that BlueJeans Rooms-as-a-Service featuring Dolby Voice will make it easier to leverage Dolby’s expertise combining the world’s best immersive audio with intelligent video. Partners certified on BlueJeans Rooms will be included on the ‘BlueJeans Rooms Certified List’ and will work closely with the BlueJeans sales team in selling and deploying the solution for our customers.
“Our team recently completed a series of interviews with end-user technology managers about the ‘rooms-as-a-service’ concept,” said Ira M. Weinstein, founder and managing partner at Recon Research. “What we learned is that all 24 of the decision makers, who spanned various industries and company sizes, were either somewhat or very interested in such a model. Even massive companies with huge deployments were intrigued by the idea of a turnkey offering of this kind. BlueJeans and Dolby are working to uncover an area of unmet pent-up demand within the collaboration marketplace.”
“BlueJeans and Dolby are working to erase any barrier to adopting a great enterprise meeting experience in their conference rooms. The Rooms-as-a-Service model will be ideal for IT managers concerned with adoption, scale and management and teams that want a superior collaboration platform,” said Guillaume Vives, chief product officer, BlueJeans Network. “We have listened to our users who want a unified solution to simplify the approval process without long-term commitments. Together, BlueJeans and Dolby expect to set a new baseline for the modern workplace.”
“Software plus hardware subscription models are now common place in both consumer and enterprise worlds,” said Andrew Border, Vice President, Communications Business Group, Dolby Laboratories. “With the explosion of cloud hosted meeting subscription software, it is clearly the right time to offer more flexible hardware acquisition models.”
Ease of set up and deployment, and superior audio and video quality are the benchmark characteristics of the BlueJeans and Dolby meeting room solution. Paul Parker, IT Director, Compass summarized his experience this way, “BlueJeans Rooms with Dolby hardware meetings are incredibly easy to start and join from anywhere. The audio and video quality is significantly better than our previous setup.”
Additional BlueJeans Rooms-as-a-Service featuring Dolby Voice Room features are expected to include:
- A Single Device on the Table: BlueJeans Rooms’ calendar integration, room schedule display and one-touch join capability are beautifully presented on the Dolby Conference Phone’s touch-screen interface, eliminating the need to have additional tablets in the meeting room.
- Quick Frame Whiteboard View: The Dolby 4K wide-angle camera provides exceptional whiteboard clarity and visibility to remote participants even when the whiteboard is adjacent to the camera and table.
- Command and Control: Instead of requiring a PC in every room or huddle space, the Dolby Voice Room is powered by the Dolby Voice Hub, a unique connected appliance that serves as the management control center for each meeting space. This approach allows IT professionals to automate software and security updates centrally, eliminating the room-by-room updates required by competing tablet, PC or NUC-based solutions. Additionally, administrators can manage the room via remote access controls, and leverage BlueJeans Command Center to analyze room system analytics and toggle manageability options.
- For more information on BlueJeans Room-as-a-Service, please visit: www.bluejeans.com/products/rooms/dolby-premier-solution
- Dolby Voice Room product video
About BlueJeans Network
BlueJeans is the meetings platform for the modern workplace and the first cloud service to connect desktops, mobile devices and room systems in one video meeting. Thousands of companies from growing businesses to Fortune 500 leaders use BlueJeans every day for video, audio and web conferencing meetings and large interactive events, so people can work productively where and how they want. For more information, visit www.bluejeans.com.