Mobile Software Engineer - User Interface
In this position, you will responsible for developing the “next generation” user experience for BlueJeans subscribers that plan to attend their meetings from a mobile endpoint. The first goal would be to help conceptualize a simple and compelling experience for the end-user attending from iOS target devices. After the UI concept has been finalized, the position will require heavy focus (>80%) on the detailed implementation of the proposed UI for the iPhone and iPad environments; other targets will be addressed in subsequent development cycles.
We are looking for a candidate that enjoys the complete product design cycle from concept to implementation, would like to work at break-neck speed providing S/W innovation for the business sector and wants to be part of small but world-class Engineering team. As this field of Mobile engineering is generally new across the industry, we are looking for solid programmer types that can think creatively about our requirements and help build a very compelling user experience accordingly.
Role & Responsibilities
- Implement and code the S/W design of an iOS application with the expected release to production through the Apple App Store.
- Drive implementation of related components with complete ownership of our mobile UI workflow environments including conceptual design, coding, unit testing and production delivery.
- Coordinate with team members for integration into the final production S/W. Work within a cross-functional team of S/W developers and Q/A engineers to build an exceptional development framework for repeatable product enhancements.
- BS Degree in CS with particular experience in S/W Engineering expected but not required; MS would be considered a plus.
- 1-3 years of software engineering experience working in a small team environment focused on delivering applications for the industry standard mobile devices (iPad, iPhone 4.x, Android). Must have in-depth experience with iOS. Any working knowledge of code conventions/patterns learned from experience and quirks of iOS would be very useful in this role.
- Candidate should have shipped at least one commercially available production application or library offering for iOS available on the Apple App Store.
- Deep familiarity with the iOS SDK, especially with the UI/UX frameworks within the Cocoa Touch Layer and the Media Layer.
- Deep experience with audio and video (e.g. OpenGLES, CoreAudio, CoreMedia, etc.) would be a plus.
- Knowledge of network protocols (e.g., XMPP, SIP, H.323, RTP/RTCP) and associated programming skills in those environments would be considered a plus.
- Experience with the fast-paced and flexible start-up environment built on an Agile software development methodology. An understanding of “Test Driven Development” and recommended code review processes would all be considered a plus.
It is expected that all candidates can exhibit a track record of high integrity and accountability throughout their working experience. In addition, it is assumed that the candidate will have excellent written and oral communications skills.