BlueJeans is looking for a very dynamic technology leader to lead its Media development team. The Media development team has a broad charter and is responsible for building the media stacks, protocol stacks and media servers that constitute the core of our flagship product.
Our Media Development team owns key initiatives which have a broad impact on the scalability, reliability and usability of BlueJeans products.
In this role you will be required to collaborate with Client and Platform Engineering teams, DevOps team, Security team and Product and Business partners to own and execute on the Media roadmap.
You will bring your knowledge and experience of Audio and Video technologies, and your experience in managing a distributed team of very highly qualified engineers. You are results oriented and you thrive in a result driven culture that values initiative and collaboration.
The Media development team is split between Mountain View and Bangalore and is composed of talented software engineers and test engineers. Development is done mostly in C++.
- Use your technical judgment to guide the team, amplify best practices for our Media Platform, and champion an engineering culture emphasizing high quality delivery and Agile
- Lead and mentor a team of passionate engineers in Mountain View and Bangalore to build a high-quality Video meeting software platform
- Be a great recruiter to help grow the BlueJeans team and find enthusiastic, innovative engineers to join the team
- Collaborate closely with architects, product management and design teams in an agile environment engineering
- Contribute to non-critical path coding and implementation
- Working closely with other functional groups to define priorities, direction and timelines
- Recruiting, mentoring, and leading a team of talented technical leads and engineers.
- Handling day-to-day management tasks such as performance reviews, time off, HR Coordination.
- You should be fluent with real time media technologies, audio & video encoding, processing, mixing, low level networking, and real-time design
- 15+ years of software engineering experience in SaaS or consumer applications
- 8+ years of experience leading engineering and development teams or projects.
- Experience managing 20+ engineers
- 10+ years of experience in real time media development
- Understanding of Internet protocol concepts (IP, TCP, SSL / TLS, HTTP, DNS).
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Passion to understand, learn, and evaluate new technologies.
- MS/BS in Computer Science