The ideal candidate for this position would be a passionate Web Development technical lead proficient in building and running modern, scalable rich web applications at scale. At BlueJeans we are changing the way the world collaborates on video, and the candidate will be an integral part of the team that helps scale our service to meet the spiralling demand induced by work-from-home necessity.
The ideal candidate will...
- Have a passion for technology with strong design and problem solving skills
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Have experience designing, implementing and deploying large scalable web services
- Be proficient in at-least one server side language such as Node.js.
- Have a good understanding of event-driven architectures.
- Have experience working with RESTful APIs and common RESTful design patterns.
- Be able to communicate and work well within a geographically distributed team
- 8+ years of product development experience
- 2+ years of experience technically leading a high performing product development team
- Experience of working with RESTful APIs
- Excellent knowledge of OOPS & Design patterns.
- BE/B.Tech in Computer Science or related field
- Familiarity with deployments on Amazon or Azure
- Familiarity with setup of Monitoring/Alert/Analytics systems to track health of services in real time
- Interest in mentoring junior developers on the team in their technical growth
- Habit of maintaining a tight feedback loop for developers and internal users by doing test-driven development at the unit- and acceptance-test level for fast feedback
You get bonus points for...
- Real time communication via webrtc.
- Browser extensions for chrome or firefox.
- Understanding latest developments in key technologies and how this impacts your work.
- Understanding of database technologies (SQL and NoSQL such as couchbase and mongodb) as well as API cache design and caching technologies.
- Experience in scaling large high transaction volume web services
- Experience in mobile development
- Contributions to open source projects
Verizon recently acquired BlueJeans and plans to integrate BlueJeans employees into Verizon, including its compensation and benefits programs, in due course. This position will be part of that planned integration.