At BlueJeans, we’re transforming the way people collaborate by delivering the meetings platform for the modern workplace. We bring video, audio, and web conferencing together so it's easily accessible for everyone, regardless of location or device, including mobile, desktop, and room system. We work with thousands of companies worldwide to support everyday meetings, large-scale events, and social broadcasts so people can collaborate the way they want. All our customers have one trait in common: they understand the benefits of bringing their employees, leaders, and partners closer together. Since 2009, we have raised $175M in funding led by Accel Partners, Battery Ventures, NEA, and Norwest Venture Partners.
The Strategic/Large Enterprise AE will be chartered with driving the adoption of the BlueJeans technology into and within new Enterprise clients while further expanding adoption across existing clients and leveraging Partners, Sales Engineering, Professional Services and Customer Success resources for success.
Success in this role will include but not be limited to:
- Clearly selling and articulating the value add of BlueJeans’ products
- Expanding relationships with current enterprise clients, while leveraging your business knowledge, to expand and even upgrade the BlueJeans technology throughout their organization(s).
- Driving sales and adoption of the BlueJeans technology with new clients.
- Achieve quota and driving performance to exceed quota.
- Selling across Executive level and across different LOB decision makers that include IT, HR, Marketing, Engineering etc.)
- Maintain a healthy pipeline within Salesforce.com with good history of account activity and contact engagement.
- Leverage best practices of Meddic sales methodology or other solution selling skills to qualify and progress opportunities in a timely fashion towards successful resolution.
- Leverage expertise and network within the enterprise sector to develop and implement an annual territory plan and account plan to hit target quotas.
- Consultative selling by asking questions and understanding the clients' needs and how the BlueJeans technology can solve those needs.
- Proven record of exceeding quota selling software and related solutions into Fortune 500 enterprises
- 8+ years' experience in enterprise sales with a strong understanding of SaaS offerings
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite and CRM systems (Salesforce.com preferred).
- Must have multi-thread sales experience selling into large enterprise accounts
- Strong knowledge of procurement processes, including experience building cost justification plans to close enterprise business deals