In this role you will be responsible for providing leadership in the design, implementation and operation of the BlueJeans platform. This includes gathering requirements from all business units and implementing
automated solutions to solve problems and make the business operate efficiently. Additionally this role will actively participate in architecture and design sessions with members of the engineering and product management teams. Mentoring, team building and collaboration are also critical as the Tools team grows and matures.
What you will be doing :
● Automation, Orchestration and tools creation
Required experience includes :
● Requires a minimum of 10 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
● Proficiency with Python and Ruby
● Managing and configuring monitoring and alerting systems like Nagios (Icinga)
● Managing metrics monitoring systems like Graphite, Prometheus, etc.
● AWS, Azure, or equivalent public cloud experience
● Docker / Mesos / Kubernetes
● Configuration management such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible
● Experience in a cloud services company
● On-call rotation to support our tools stack
What about the bonus skills?
● Knowledge of H.323, SIP, Microsoft Lync and any other technologies in video / voice conferencing
● Experience with BGP, OSPF, ECMP, SDN other buzzworthy networking TLAs
● MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra or other database expertise (you name it, we probably use it)
● Virtualization management and integration (ESX, AWS, OpenStack)
● Work closely with developers, testers, and operations engineers
● Tackle big problems in configuration management, instrumentation, inventory management system and deployment control
● Learn the strengths and weaknesses of the latest open source software and tools
● Fix something, design something, implement something, and dream up something all in the same day
Why BlueJeans is THE PLACE to be?
BlueJeans Network delivers cloud-based video communications that connect people, build relationships and drive business growth. Video is an immersive, face-to-face experience that enables people to work more collaboratively and makes businesses more efficient.
We have a fun and collaborative work culture! We live and breathe in a Hackathon environment where engineers have a passion to “get stuff done” with an Agile methodology. We have fun, are technically satisfied, eat well and love to compete in table tennis and pool. We've built the 1st cloud-based
interoperable live video platform uniquely designed for all types of interactive video communications.
We have raised $175M in funding from top venture capitalists: Accel, Battery, NEA and Norwest. Our team is composed of rock stars from a blend of industries: broadband networks, video, media and SaaS.
But we don’t just have a strong team: every one of us is passionate about interactive video and its impact on how the world works.
Learn more about us at www.bluejeans.com ; Follow us @Bluejeansnet Come join us
Blue Jeans Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer