The ideal Principal Engineer - Media SDK candidate would…
- Believe in fault-free multi-threaded software design.
- Have experience with low delay high throughput systems like video conferencing, video streaming, playback or capture-record.
- Collaborate across teams for thorough design reviews and completeness of feature integration.
- Participate in inter-team Architecture discussions and Design reviews, and influence our R&D future.
Some of the things you’re expected to do...
- Understand existing ecosystem before being able to add features, functions and enhancements.
- Plan with known expectations and dependencies.
- Design and implement including coding, unit testing and release to production.
- Improve quality with every version, and new features must match or exceed existing levels.
- Contribute to a collaborative and responsive team that owns a world-class product service.
- Through awareness question priorities and influence planning.
Some of the qualifications we usually expect...
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
- 8+ years' experience developing in C++.
- 5+ years' experience developing video conferencing/playback/recording solutions.
- Experience in building multi-platform solutions/SDK on two or more of Linux/Android/iOS/Mac/Win
- Hands-on experience on Linux/shell and Wireshark
- Expertise in Agile development methodology & tools, estimation and planning.
- Good communication skills through email, specs and design docs.
You Get Bonus Points for….
- Experience with opensource: pjsip, webrtc.
- Experience with protocols: RTP/RTCP, RTX, FEC, SIP, H.323.
- Experience with scripts: Python.
- Contribution to open source projects.