About BlueJeans Networks: We are a cloud based video infrastructure company with video conferencing video broadcasting related applications. Our platform pulls together various telecom & media protocols of call participants to a coherent and productive meeting.
The ideal Engineering Manager candidate would…
- Have experience designing and building highly distributed and very large scale systems
- Have experience in the domain of real time communication services and/or audio-video streaming systems
- Have strong communication skills through email, specifications and design docs
- Be able to lead geographically distributed teams
Some of the qualifications we expect...
- Masters in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 12+ years extensive software development experience
- 7+ years of experience designing and building large scalable cloud services and/or real time audio/video communication systems
- 3+ years experience with dockerized/kubernetes deployments and running cloud services in AWS
- 3+ years experience driving software engineering teams in technical and people leadership roles
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology and tools.
Some of the things you’re expected to do...
- Lead a collaborative and responsive team that owns a world-class product service
- Understand existing ecosystem before being able to add features, functions and enhancements
- Plan with known expectations and dependencies
- Provide technical insight and oversight, drive design discussions and reviews
- Collaborate across teams for complete feature development
- Shoulder delivery responsibility and strive to meet quality expectations and timelines
- Improve quality with every version, with new features matching or exceeding existing levels
- Drive analysis efforts to visualize and understand quality trends
- Follow & improve processes - with special focus on code reviews and unit testing, among others
- Provide clear status communications to engineering, product and other teams
- Through awareness, question priorities and influence plans & designs
- Provide thought leadership and help identify and drive improvements to process and project management for better execution and collaboration
You Get Bonus Points for….
- Being capable of reviewing code in C++, Python and/or Java
- Strong system experience with Unix
- VOIP background such as knowledge of protocols such as SIP
Verizon recently acquired BlueJeans and plans to integrate BlueJeans employees into Verizon, including its compensation and benefits programs, in due course. This position will be part of that planned integration.
- Ability to analyze logs, write scripts and queries to extract information or statistics