We are looking for an API platform engineer who is passionate about scalable API and web services design. You will design and build high performance, scalable, resilient web services that are leveraged by teams throughout BlueJeans as well as the developer community.
The ideal candidate will ..
- have experience designing and building large distributed system.
- be proficient in at-least one server side coding preferably Java/JEE
- have an in-depth understanding of database technologies (SQL and NoSQL) as well as API cache design and caching technologies.
- have experience building RESTful APIs and have good knowledge of RESTful design patterns.
- experience in cloud native technologies such as Kubernetes and Terraform
- be able to communicate and work well within a geographically distributed team
We usually look for ..
- 3+ years of coding experience in server side technology
- 3+ years of hands-on coding experience in Java and related build/deployment tools
- experience building scalable web services with RESTful APIs
- good knowledge of at-least one database technology
- BE/B.Tech in Computer Science or related field
You get bonus points for ..
- Experience in realtime analytics/stats product
- Knowledge of infrastructure services such as zookeeper and caching products such as Redis
- Experience in scaling large high transaction volume web services
- Contributions to open source projects