We are looking for an API platform engineer who is passionate about scalable API and web services design. At BlueJeans we are changing the way the world collaborates on video, and you will be an integral part of the team that helps scale our service to meet the spiraling demand that it creates. You will design and build high performance, scalable, resilient web services that are leveraged by teams throughout BlueJeans as well as the developer community.
The ideal candidate will ..
• have experience designing and building large scalable web services.
• be proficient in at-least one server side language such as Java.
• have experience working on Ruby on Rails
• have an in-depth understanding of database technologies (SQL and NoSQL) as well as API cache design and caching technologies.
• have experience building RESTful APIs and have good knowledge of RESTful design patterns.
• be able to communicate and work well within a geographically distributed team
We usually look for ..
• 5+ years of coding experience in Java or other server side languages
• Experience building scalable we services with RESTful APIs
• Good knowledge of at-least one database technology
• BE/B.Tech in Computer Science or related field
You get bonus points for ..
• Experience in realtime communication products
• Knowledge of infrastructure services such as zookeeper and caching products such as couchbase
• Experience in scaling large high transaction volume web services
• Contributions to open source projects