We are a cloud based video infrastructure company with video conferencing as our first application. We are currently working on some next gen video broadcast related applications and need a strong engineer to spearhead the efforts. Our platform pulls together various telecom & media protocols of call participants to a coherent and productive meeting.
The ideal Platform Engineer candidate would…
- Believe in fault-free multi-threaded software design.
- Have experience with low delay high throughput systems like video streaming, playback or capture-record.
- Coordinate work of multiple team members (Dev & QA) to meet functionality, quality, performance and reliability requirements.
- Collaborate across teams for thorough design reviews and completeness of feature integration.
- Shoulder responsibility and strive to meet quality expectations and timelines.
- Participate in inter-team Architecture discussions and Design reviews, and influence our R&D future.
Some of the things you’re expected to do...
- Understand existing ecosystem before being able to add features, functions and enhancements.
- Plan with known expectations and dependencies.
- Design and implement including coding, unit testing and release to production.
- Follow & improve processes - with special focus on code reviews, among others.
- Improve quality with every version, and new features must match or exceed existing levels.
- Contribute to a collaborative and responsive team that owns a world-class product service.
- Through awareness question priorities and influence plans & designs.
Some of the qualifications we usually expect...
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
- 8+ years’ experience building multi-threaded solutions on Linux.
- 8+ years' experience developing in C++.
- 5+ years' experience developing voice/video streaming solutions.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology and tools.
- Good communication skills through email, specs and design docs.
You Get Bonus Points for….
- Experience with scripts: Python.
- Experience with protocols: RTP/RTCP, SIP, H.323.
- Contributions to open source projects.
- Experience building encoding/transcoding systems.
Why Blue Jeans is THE PLACE to be?
At BlueJeans, we’re transforming the way people meet by creating a human connection in every experience. Together, we’re bringing video to everyone, regardless of location or device, including mobile, desktop, or room systems. We work with thousands of companies worldwide to upgrade everyday meetings, large-scale events, and social network broadcasts by replacing traditional web conferencing with face-to-face video communication.
All our customers have one trait in common: they understand the benefits to bringing their employees, leaders, and partners closer together. Since 2009, we have raised $175M in funding led by Accel Partners, Battery Ventures, NEA, and Norwest Venture Partners, and have been ranked on Forbes Cloud 100 list two years running.
Learn more about us at www.bluejeans.com
Follow us @Bluejeansnet Come join us!
Blue Jeans is an Equal Opportunity Employer