At BlueJeans, we’re transforming the way people meet by creating a human connection in every experience. Together, we’re bringing video to everyone, regardless of location or device, including mobile, desktop, or room systems. We work with thousands of companies worldwide to upgrade everyday meetings, large-scale events, and social network broadcasts by replacing traditional web conferencing with face-to-face video communication.
The Voice Services Engineer will work closely with the BlueJeans Engineering, Customer Success, and Account Management teams to ensure the highest possible audio quality for our analog voice calls, and will lead troubleshooting efforts for all related PSTN issues.
- Operational responsibility for BlueJeans conference service PSTN infrastructure
- Drives the design and implementation of PSTN service delivery along with network operations and engineering development teams
- Works with large global telecom vendors and SIP trunk aggregators to deliver high quality PSTN dial-in services
- Works support tickets along with Customer Support team to resolve PSTN connectivity and performance issues
- Assists customers by reaching out to our vendors on their behalf to diagnose any issue with the data and voice connections
- Acts as a point of escalation for service delivery issues around PSTN in case of issues with our vendors.
- Facilitates the resolution of complex technical problems collaborating with BlueJeans, Vendor Partners and Business Partners.
- Ensures trend and root cause analysis are completed to identify and remove systemic issues and documents these issues to reduce their reoccurrence
- Able to work with multiple support teams and assist when necessary with unique support issues regarding PSTN call issues
- Document new processes, document troubleshooting steps, user guides and share with teams that have similar issues
- Work with tools and data science engineers to monitor and automate PSTN infrastructure for high quality service delivery
- Works closely with Product Management team on global PSTN dial-in product offerings
- Works well as part of a team, willing to work flexible hours
- Some Travel may be required
- 5+ years of experience working in SIP/PSTN technologies and familiar with network/voice operational tools
- Solid knowledge of voice protocols such as SIP, H323, MGCP, SCCP
- Cisco Certification such as CCNP, CCVP, or CCIE Voice preferred
- Extensive experience working with PSTN trunks, PBX systems, voice network design required
- Extensive knowledge of PSTN/voice traffic theory concepts required
- Knowledge of SIP/H.323 video systems and protocols will be a plus
- Knowledge/understanding of SRST, MPLS, DMVPN, IPSEC and WAN will be a plus
- Ability to track multiple issues and incident trends to know when to escalate to our account representatives
- Possess strong customer service skills in order to create and maintain strong relationships with our vendor partners
- Possess proven ability to build effective working relationships with BlueJeans internal Support, Engineering and Operations teams
- Highly experienced in data services and telephone company ordering, billing and escalation processes
- Demonstrated skill in using an on-line ticketing assignment tool (JIRA)
- Possess good verbal/written communication and negotiation skills.