If you are an engineer, passionate about solving the most challenging real-time communication problems, then you’ve come to the right place.
What you will be doing…
- Build exciting new features that will enable and enhance real-time interactive communication over heterogeneous networks.
- Build reliable and scalable distributed infrastructure for media and protocol processing.
- Design, implement, and optimize software for network protocols used in real-time communication.
- Integrate and interoperate with third-party SDKs and APIs.
- Write quality, maintainable code with test coverage.
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle from design to development to deployment.
- Work independently, collaborate across teams, and mentor junior engineers.
Some of the qualifications we expect…
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in systems and networking software development
- 3+ years of experience in real-time communication software development
- Extensive software development experience in C++ and C on Linux
- A track record of building and shipping reliable and maintainable software
- Familiarity with SIP or XMPP, and RTP
- Good verbal and written communication skills
You get bonus points for…
- Deep experience with SIP, XMPP, or RTP/RTCP
- Experience with WebRTC, WebSocket, and HTTP
- Experience with modern C++ (C++11)
- Experience with video or screen sharing
- Experience with bandwidth estimation and congestion control
- Experience with NAT and firewall traversal technologies (STUN, ICE or TURN)
Why is BlueJeans the PLACE to be?
At BlueJeans, we’re transforming the way people meet by creating a human connection in every experience. Together, we’re bringing video to everyone, regardless of location or device, including mobile, desktop, or room systems. We work with thousands of companies worldwide to upgrade everyday meetings, large-scale events, and social network broadcasts by replacing traditional web conferencing with face-to-face video communication.
All our customers have one trait in common: they understand the benefits to bringing their employees, leaders, and partners closer together. Since 2009, we have raised $175M in funding led by Accel Partners, Battery Ventures, NEA, and Norwest Venture Partners, and have been ranked on Forbes Cloud 100 list two years running.
BlueJeans Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.