At BlueJeans we are changing the way the world collaborates on video, and you will be an integral part of the team that helps scale our service to meet the spiraling demand that it creates. You will design and build high performance, scalable, resilient web services that are leveraged by teams throughout BlueJeans as well as the developer community.
- Technically deliver solutions with agreed scope on time and with quality
- Lead and mentor a team of engineers
- Work closely with product managers to translate product requirements into design
- Work with the architects and the engineering team on the implementation of these features and participate in design and code reviews
- Work with program management to track day to day project status and run daily scrums.
- Communicate project status to stakeholders
The ideal candidate will ..
- Have experience designing and building large scalable web services.
- Experience in developing real time data applications using Apache Storm, Kafka, RabbitMQ etc.
- Be proficient in Java
- Have thorough knowledge of cloud infrastructure, monitoring and orchestration tools.
- Have an in-depth understanding of database technologies (SQL and NoSQL) as well as API cache design and caching technologies.
- Have experience building RESTful APIs and have good knowledge of RESTful design patterns.
- Be able to communicate and work well within a geographically distributed team
We usually look for ..
- 6+ years of software engineering experience building SaaS or consumer web applications.
- 3+ years of designing and architecting scalable web applications thorough knowledge of network and communication protocols
- Strong communication skills
- BE/B.Tech in Computer Science or related field
You get bonus points for ..
- Experience in scaling large high transaction volume web services
- Contributions to open source projects
Why BlueJeans is THE PLACE to be?
At BlueJeans, we’re transforming the way people meet by creating a human connection in every experience. Together, we’re bringing video to everyone, regardless of location or device, including mobile, desktop, or room systems.
We have a fun and collaborative work culture! For three years running, BlueJeans was voted in the Top 20 - Best Places to Work in the Bay Area. We have over 5000 customers including Facebook, Stanford University, Netflix, Ford, UC Berkeley and JP Morgan Chase. We have raised $175M from top venture capitalists: Accel, NEA, Norwest and Battery. Our team is composed of rock stars from a blend of industries: broadband networks, video, media and SaaS. BlueJeans is an equal opportunity Employer.
Learn more about us at www.bluejeans.com
Follow us @Bluejeansnet