As a Technical Account Manager at BlueJeans, you will be the primary point of contact to provide technical solutions and manage IT relationships with BlueJeans' largest and most strategic customers. Being a trusted advisor, you will use your technical expertise and business insight to ensure our high-value customers are able to grow their business by utilizing the full scope of BlueJeans’ product suite.
As part of Professional Services engagement, you will be responsible for providing technical consultations, proactively mitigating technical risks and collaborating with cross functional teams to deliver solutions in a timely manner. You will also act as the voice of the customer within BlueJeans to escalate problems and to drive prioritization of business needs for our customers. The ideal candidate is a technical expert with an entrepreneurial drive and passion for customer success.
- Manage technical health and drive technology adoption for a group of designated accounts.
- Develop a trusted-advisor relationship with customers and provide recommendations based on BlueJeans products to address their business needs.
- Be the primary point of contact for technical escalations and drive complex problems towards resolution.
- Make business decisions and mitigate risks using proactive data driven approach.
- Provide clear and constructive product feedback to product management team, champion and advocate for customer requirements within BlueJeans (be their voice).
- Proactively update customers about incremental product updates as part of release management.
- Serve as a technical subject matter expert for cross-functional organizations, such as sales, customer success, product management, etc.
- Excellent communication, critical thinking & analytical skills.
- Solid understanding of IP Telephony protocols such as H.323 or SIP and audio/video codecs
- Experience in troubleshooting network problems, firewalls, NAT etc.
- Proficiency with video conferencing or unified communications with experience in products such as Cisco/Tandberg, Polycom, Lifesize, Microsoft Lync/Office365, or WebRTC.
- Hands on system administration experience on Windows, Mac and Linux are desired.
- Ability to articulate complex technical topics, diplomatically address customer concerns, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Hit the ground running and can adapt quickly to new challenges.
- Passion for improving product quality and creating great user experiences.
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated and a team player with a sense of humor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Computer Science or have equivalent work experience. 5+ years experience in a client-facing technical role. Previous Technical Account Manager experience is a plus.
Why is BlueJeans the PLACE to be?
At BlueJeans, we’re transforming the way people meet by creating a human connection in every experience. Together, we’re bringing video to everyone, regardless of location or device, including mobile, desktop, or room systems. We work with thousands of companies worldwide to upgrade everyday meetings, large-scale events, and social network broadcasts by replacing traditional web conferencing with face-to-face video communication.
All our customers have one trait in common: they understand the benefits to bringing their employees, leaders, and partners closer together. Since 2009, we have raised $175M in funding led by Accel Partners, Battery Ventures, NEA, and Norwest Venture Partners, and have been ranked on Forbes Cloud 100 list two years running.