At Blue Jeans Network, our mission is to make video communications as easy as a phone call, enabling more effective collaboration at work, at home, and on the road. Our cloud-based conferencing service makes this possible by enabling customers to connect with each other seamlessly anytime, anywhere, and from practically any device. The Blue Jeans Network extends high quality video communications beyond the traditional boundaries of specialized conference rooms and into the mainstream, allowing employees throughout an enterprise to interact more effectively with each other, and with their customers, partners, suppliers, family, and friends.
Blue Jeans is seeking a highly motivated and passionate VP, Channel Sales – Americas that will lead the development and implementation of channel sales plan initiatives that support our Partner Strategy and manage geographically dispersed Channel Sales teams. Our business is evolving rapidly, and our partner program must evolve to fuel our growth and ecosystem.
The ideal candidate will be a high energy, hands on and detailed-oriented individual who has successfully built and deployed partner programs and managed channel sales teams. He/she will have 7+ years of relevant experience that includes selling through the channel in a SaaS environment. This position is a key leadership role, contributing to the overall advancement of corporate sales goals, and will report to the VP Worldwide Channel;Sales.
- Develop and manage regional partner programs and budget in alignment with corporate growth and revenue objectives across multiple dimensions; including awareness, education, lead, generation, programs, channel readiness and enablement
- Develop and deploy best practices for channel program expansion in regards to investment programs, MDF, deal registration, value based competencies, incentive programs and promotional campaigns
- Manage programs through all phases of the development cycle; from analysis and design through implementation and tracking
- Analyze and track success of all channel-facing programs
- Implement metrics to demonstrate return on investment against the partner program budget
- Manage channel incentives including outbound notifications, approval of priors, reimbursement claims, reconciliation of reimbursement and credits back to partner accounts
- Provide analysis and forecast of spending trends and activities executed at partner level
- Manage the channel partner earned discount program based on sales volume and customer satisfaction performance. Work closely with finance, sales operations and sales management to complete partner notifications, manage exceptions, and update all systems with discount changes
- Manage sales teams, ensuring optimal orientation and training of new employees
- Maintain sales staff performance results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising performance results
- Maintain current professional and technical knowledge
- BS/BA degree required; MBA preferred
- Candidates must have a minimum of 7-10 years of sales leadership experience, with at least 5 years focused on channel sales in a rapid-growth technology company
- Recent experience in fast-growing global software or SaaS start-up company, preferred
- Proven track record of developing channel programs tied back to channel development and revenue growth. Successful history of program delivery with metrics and ROI results
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to present professionally to all levels within an organization. Strong comfort level with public speaking at partner events and conferences
- Track record of successful program management, including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and in-depth, hands-on execution skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to build and maintain productive relationships with channel partners, executive management, other company departments, and vendors.
- History of successful cross-functional projects and management
- Deep knowledge of partner business models, financial models and their evolution.
- Proven ability to build, lead, and manage a team
- Strong work ethic, high personal initiative, able to work with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to think strategically and act creatively
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor
- Some travel required (10-20%)
This role requires a unique combination of skills including expertise with SFDC and Excel, project management, systems, research & analytics, as well as channel enablement experience. A successful candidate should be able to efficiently project manage and organize tasks and field resources, cross functionally. Additionally, requires the ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced dynamic and technical environment.BlueJeans Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MBA preferred