Thankful for those on the Front Lines
While we are thankful for all of our amazing customers large and small—this holiday season, we’d like to give a special thanks to those working tirelessly to ensure the safety of their fellow citizens.
To all of the brave military personnel and frontline workers (first responders and NGOs)—we are grateful for you! And to show our appreciation, we’re pleased to offer the Enterprise version of our BlueJeans Meetings platform free for 90 days to all military personnel and frontline workers to help them stay connected with family and friends over the holidays.
While nothing can replace a warm embrace, we hope our video conferencing service can make your holiday season with loved ones better together, while apart.
While we have several options for users to download, BlueJeans Enterprise is our top-of-the-line version with all the bells and whistles available. Here’s what’s included in the free 90-day service for U.S. Military Families during the holidays:
- No time limits on meetings to connect family members and service members wherever they are at whatever time works. Unlimited number of meetings during the 90 day holiday promotion.
- Fully featured – Dolby Voice audio, HD video and screen sharing.
- Use the desktop app, mobile app or browser to join and host video calls.
- No purchase and no credit card required. The service will automatically end after 90 days with no further obligation and no auto-billing.
With health officials urging people to stay home and avoid travelling or extended family get togethers this holiday season in order to fight off the spread of COVID-19, we should all be mindful about how, where and with whom we choose to celebrate.
For those still working out their holiday plans, the CDC has these recommendations for making your Thanksgiving safer. If you’ve already centered on adding a virtual component to Thursday’s festivities, here are a few tips for ensuring a successful virtual feast.
- Do a test run the day before or morning of to make sure all parties have a seamless join experience and apt internet connection for using the software (Note: the desktop app is best for ensuring full feature parity).
- Make sure your camera is ON. There’s no point in ‘getting together’ from afar if your loved ones can’t see you!
- Designate a video device for the day and map out ideal placements. This may sound silly, but location (and lighting!) makes all the difference when conducting casual conversations over video. Be thoughtful about where you place the device to ensure your virtual guests have a good seat at the table!
- Schedule out your visits. If you have multiple parties wanting to check in throughout the day, setting designated times using the calendar integrations for Google or Office 365 for each call can ease some of the anxiety that comes with the fear of them happening all at once. Or just....
- Leave your video call running ALL DAY. Why not, when you have unlimited meeting minutes?! Whether you have friends who can’t commit to a specific time or loved ones who want to participate in multiple portions of your day, using one meeting ID to let your friends and family check in at their leisure can streamline your meeting logistics. Just make sure you’re always camera ready!
- Break out into groups. Have a big family call scheduled but missing those personal 1:1 times with those you don’t see regularly? Setting up breakout sessions during the all-family meeting may be your answer.
Whether near or far, we hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! First responders and NGOs can sign up for your 90 days free here, and military personnel can sign up for your 90 days free here.
Ready to buy and skip the Trial? Go to our pricing page.