If you’re new to remote work or just need a refresher, here’s a quick what’s-what regarding BlueJeans’ security features. Whether you are meeting with your boss for your next one-on-one or hosting a large group for a project planning session, the following features will ensure that your meetings remain secure and your content remains private.
In-Meeting Security Features
The following end-user settings prevent unwanted participants from joining meetings with privacy options designed to put controls in the hands of every meeting host and attendee.
- Meeting ID: A randomized nine-digit ID is assigned to each meeting to keep the credentials private.
- Participant Passcode: A second level of authentication that can be enabled for each meeting.
- Application Share: The ability to show only individual applications, rather than a participant’s entire screen, to avoid unwanted content or notifications to be seen by others.
- Lock Meeting: During a meeting, the session may be locked down to only include those participants that are in attendance.
- Expel Participant: During a meeting, any participant can quickly be removed with the click of a button.
- Encrypted Video Calls: An option that forces a BlueJeans Meeting to only allow endpoints with sufficient encryption capabilities.
Additionally, video conferencing safeguards for admins are paramount for any organization. In order to ensure airtight video conferences, enterprise-wide restrictions and customizations are available to technology managers for peace of mind across their deployment.
Group Administrator Security Features and End-User Permissions
BlueJeans offers industry-leading protection for IT teams to enforce meeting security from an administrative dashboard, including:
- User Authentication Options (standard user password configuration or SAML Single Sign-On)
- Password join requirements
- Password manager for updating and randomizing codes
- Failed login notifications
- Role-based access for Command Center
- Enable users to control live meetings within their enterprise
Whether you’re joining a meeting as a participant or manage your organization’s video conferencing, BlueJeans’ security, performance, manageability, and scalability has delivered excellence to global customers for over a decade. Give us a test drive and try BlueJeans for free.
Want a deeper dive into data protection and fraud management? Visit our Secure Video Conferencing page and read the BlueJeans Technical Guide.