Improve Engagement in the Office with BlueJeans Gateway for Microsoft Teams
New BlueJeans Gateway updates are here! Announced alongside our presence at this week's Gartner IT Expo, we're excited to share that new usability, customization, and analytics features have been added to the BlueJeans Gateway cloud video interop (CVI) solution for Microsoft Teams!
As organizations look for ways to create collaboration equity across work modes in today’s post-pandemic workplace, the latest updates to the BlueJeans Gateway were designed to drive Teams engagement without needing to replace existing hardware investments.
We're really proud of our Gateway solution and how it's been able to help our customers. Here's what Vincent PAGOT, Product Owner, IT Visioconference & Digital Event, TGITS - EUS had to say:
“For more than three years, BlueJeans has successfully accompanied us and helped our employee base of more 100,000 collaborators connect their Teams meeting using our classic videoconferencing hardware. Our partnership continues to grow, but BlueJeans was the first CVI solution to connect all users throughout the world—at our offices, or at home—in order to work together. These seamless join experiences will help us continue driving growth in our Microsoft Teams ecosystem in a way that supports employee well being and productivity.”
With ‘high cost of technology solutions’ (28%) cited by IT decision makers globally as the number one issue preventing them from achieving successful outcomes, according to a recent study by Verizon and Omdia, organizations are exploring new cost effective ways to improve employee experiences and boost productivity. With new features to optimize legacy room hardware endpoints for users, the BlueJeans Gateway helps to create meeting parity for those in the office with their remote participants:
- Ability to show participant names on screen while content is being shared through the room system
- ‘Lobby Notifications’ on Teams-enabled room systems to allow moderators to accept those in the meeting waiting room from their Teams desktop/mobile client
- ‘Presentation Rights’ feature, which prevents in-room attendees from presenting/sharing during a Teams Meeting, unless permitted
- ‘Raised Hand’ notifications viewable in the meeting room in the top right corner
- ‘Locked Meeting’ status prevents unwanted endpoints from joining a meeting
- Ability to self-mute room video from the device’s dual-tone multi-frequency signaling (DTMF) menu
- ‘Static Images’ for video muted participants, giving actual representation of participants in the meeting when not on video
- Enhancements to fix audio/video (AV) quality of service and enable superior in-meeting experience
- Customizations for Better Meeting Experiences
To empower dispersed teams to do their best work, BlueJeans has added new customizations to the BlueJeans Gateway to drive seamless collaboration. These include:
- Custom background color options for meeting banners and notifications
- ‘China Premium Access’ general availability (GA) for China user access into a Teams meeting through a fully-qualified domain name (FQDN)
- ‘DTMF Menu Customization’ means enterprise administrators have more control on the display of menu options
- ‘Trusted Rooms’ support for Teams Live Events ensures only whitelisted IPs/domains can join Live Events
- Enterprise ‘Domain Name Whitelisting’ enables trusted room systems to bypass the lobby and connect directly into the meeting
- Furthermore, with new additions to the BlueJeans Command Center for Gateway, administrators can now get a more holistic overview of Teams Meeting performance from Teams Gateway-enabled room systems. Support includes ‘Call Quality Scores’ for live and past Meetings, as well as the ability to search meeting room names and in the History Tab, to perform diagnostics and get real-time insight into room system health.
Additionally, to make the in-office meeting experience one that is simple and fluid across services, BlueJeans Rooms and Microsoft Teams Rooms customers will soon be able to take advantage of Microsoft’s Direct Guest Join one-touch capability to connect to alternative meeting services by leveraging the web application on the latest conference room systems.
Verizon Mobile for Microsoft Teams will be available in Q1. Direct Guest Join general availability will start in Q1 2023 with the Poly Studio X30 and X50 devices with BlueJeans Rooms-as-a-Service (RaaS) and will be enabled on Yealink and other BlueJeans RaaS devices shortly thereafter.
Learn more today about how we're delivering a new level of consistency for hybrid workers joining Teams meetings from an office location by visiting the BlueJeans Gateway product page.