Hybrid Workplace Model: Tips for Managing Your Hybrid Work Model
In this article:
- What does hybrid work mean?
- Should you have a hybrid work model?
- Tips to manage your hybrid workplace model
Today, companies continue to change their mode of operations for various reasons. Employers can now decide how their employees will work, whether from home or in the office. The hybrid workplace is the new model for most organizations, where employers allow flexible working options for their employees. Here is everything you need to know about the hybrid workplace model, including tips you can use to manage your new model once it’s in place.
Hybrid work is a flexible working strategy that employers adopt for various reasons. Employees can work from anywhere as long as business operations continue. Each company has a unique hybrid model depending on employee needs and expectations.
A hybrid work model is productive, and this is one of the main reasons to have it. Your employees can work at any time, from anywhere, and still be productive. The main aim is to continue with normal business operations without compromising the quality of work and, at the same time, focus on achieving your goals.
Here are the reasons to introduce a hybrid workplace model in your organization:
- Increased productivity. With the hybrid model, your employees work when they are more productive, unlike the usual 8 am to 5 pm model, where some employees strain to focus on their work.
Some people work well from home at a specific time of the day, while others do well at night. Other employees also feel more productive when on site.
An employee may not find a comfortable place at home to work. On the other hand, an employee who works on site may not be comfortable with other staff members or customers moving in and out of the office.
This is why a hybrid model is more effective. Each employee goes for what works best for them, resulting in increased productivity.
- Improved work-life well-being. With the flexibility in the hybrid model, employees can choose when to work and when to focus on personal things. This helps the employee find balance and avoid leaning on one side. It gives employees more control over what they do and ensures they do it well to achieve maximum results.
Since continuous working can cause burn-out, employees can enjoy the hybrid model because they can close for the day when they feel exhausted and resume work when they feel fresh.
- Job satisfaction and contentment. Employee job satisfaction is among the key elements that increase productivity and motivation. Employees control what they do without being forced to work at certain times. It gives employees control over life and work, thus, providing them with satisfaction in the long run.
How to manage your hybrid work model
You need the right people to manage your hybrid workplace model. It is also best to invest in the right technology to monitor employee activities, whether onsite or remotely.
Here are hybrid workplace tips for adapting to the hybrid model.
- Know how the model works.
It is best to know how the hybrid model works before you introduce it into your organization. This will help you create a well-defined and focused model to achieve your company goals seamlessly.
- Talk to your employees.
Employees are the key players in the hybrid work model. Talk to your employees and find out what everyone needs. This will help you make informed decisions to decide on the best hybrid model for each employee.
- Choose communication channels.
Since your employees may not be in the office throughout the day, you need to create a clear communication channel that keeps you connected. Determine the most effective and quickly accessible communication channels to reach out to all your employees. You can invest in video conferencing software for quality, timely, and effective communication with your team.
- Create a seamless transition.
Once you decide to implement the hybrid work model, make it swift for every employee. Create a flexible transition schedule and work closely with the HR department for a seamless transition.
For further information, check out why the future of work is the hybrid workforce.
Start communicating with your hybrid workforce
Learn more about the BlueJeans Virtual Meetings Platform, and try it for 14 days when you sign up for a free trial.