Today, we are pleased to announce a collaboration with Microsoft to help unleash the power of Microsoft Teams—the chat-based workspace in Microsoft Office 365—using BlueJeans Gateway for Microsoft Teams. Designed to allow users to easily access Teams video meetings on any existing room system, the cloud-native infrastructure of the BlueJeans Gateway turns all meeting rooms into Teams meeting rooms.
The workplace is going through a period of exponential change driven by the need to improve business outcomes, regardless of where talent resides. As more teams become a mix of non-traditional “gig economy” workers and full-time employees, organizations must have the right tools in place for every meeting type—spontaneous or planned, large or small, formal or informal. With the new BlueJeans Gateway for Microsoft Teams, organizations can enable their users to leverage Teams video meetings across their diverse room environments to better connect people for more productive meetings—no matter where they are located.
The blending of the physical and virtual workspace is accelerating the adoption of huddle spaces, with teams expecting messaging, mobility, and business apps that will allow them to work more productively and collaborate from anywhere. With this new solution, we are providing that consistent experience that users expect, while also safeguarding meeting connectivity for IT and maximizing the value of room system investments for the organization.
Customers of both BlueJeans and Microsoft Teams can expect:
- Consistent User Experiences: Intuitive meeting experiences for end users, regardless of room system hardware
- Centralized Reporting: Administrators have full visibility into the status of their rooms with centralized reporting developed in collaboration with Microsoft
- One-Touch Join: Participants can focus on the purpose of the meetings by joining with a single touch via native touch screens
- Full Interoperability: The Gateway works with H.323 and SIP-based video conferencing rooms and leverages the same technology that has connected to more than 19,000 different room system configurations.
- Cloud-Native Solution: A streamlined approach hosted on Microsoft Azure allows for easier management through centralized monitoring, troubleshooting analytics, and automated updates.
Bhrighu Sareen, General Manager of Microsoft Teams at Microsoft Corporation said, “Microsoft Teams has an important role to play when it comes to an organization’s digital transformation strategy. BlueJeans Gateway, combined with Teams, helps ensure users can have great meetings in every conference room.”
Note that BlueJeans Gateway for Microsoft Teams is currently available to Technology Adoption Program (TAP) customers and early adopter trials in North America. It will be generally available in North America beginning October 31, 2018. EMEA customers will gain access in December 2018 and APAC customers in Q1 2019. Those currently attending Microsoft Ignite can see a demonstration of BlueJeans Gateway for Microsoft Teams at Booth #647.