2019 may have come and gone, but it was a year of important milestones at BlueJeans. For our products, it was a year of innovation and alliances. For our company, it was a year of transition, transformation, progress and perseverance.
We entered 2019 achieving an important financial milestone as a private SaaS company—surpassing $100M in annual recurring revenue during the fiscal year that ended January 31, 2019.
Achieving this financial target gave us the scale to build out our channel and eCommerce programs, grow our digital platforms and attract some great alliances in order to better serve our customers. On the channel front, we added over 60 partners, including Microsoft partners for our Teams Gateway solution as well as UC and AV partners for our BlueJeans Meetings, Rooms and Events businesses. And following year-over-year bookings growth in each quarter so far in this fiscal year, our CEO announced that we will soon be a profitable company.
At BlueJeans, we focus our R&D and customer care investments on ensuring our customers are enabled with productive, high-quality video meetings and events that work simply and seamlessly across mobile, browser, desktop and conference rooms. Our global customer care team brings customers the latest best practices to ensure high adoption rates and ongoing success. We are honored that our customers continue to increase their usage and rate BlueJeans favorably with regard to product reliability, innovative features and overall program success. Indeed, this year we received a silver Stevie® Award in the Customer Service Team of the Year - Computer Services & Software category in the 16th Annual International Business Awards. Let’s take a quick peek at the usage numbers:
In 2019, our customers used over 5.8 billion paid minutes, saving over 135 billion miles of travel and preventing almost 54.4 billion pounds (24.68 million metric tons) of CO2 emissions.
Product and Partner Milestones
The BlueJeans team had a busy 2019 delivering new capabilities to support our customers, both through our own innovations and co-innovation with partners. Here are some of the highlights:
- Announced a collaborative effort with Verizon and Samsung - Through this joint announcement from October, customers can now leverage Verizon's advanced networks, Samsung's mobile devices and BlueJeans Meetings to empower employees with unique mobile video conferencing experiences by unlocking new opportunities with 5G and Samsung’s latest innovations including its 123 degree wide-angle camera, APIs for privacy mode, S pen for remote meeting control and Samsung DeX technology for instant huddle room creation.
- Received twelve prestigious awards from leading organizations - Established vendors including Gartner, G2 Crowd, Let’s Do Video, TrustRadius, Aragon Research, The Stevie Awards, TMC Net and WebRTC honored BlueJeans throughout 2019 for our dedication to customers and product excellence—many of which were the result of positive customer testimonials!
- Released BlueJeans Smart Meetings - BlueJeans Smart Meetings combines crowd-sourced meeting notes, real-time transcription, and a video highlight reel into one meeting solution to increase meeting productivity and effectiveness. Our coinciding survey of 700 professionals in the US found that one third of weekly meetings are a waste of time and money that doesn’t come back to the bottom line. BlueJeans Smart Meetings allows users to take back control of their calendars and improve meeting efficiency. #getsmart
- Disrupted the traditional hardware purchasing model with BlueJeans Rooms-as-a-Service featuring Dolby Voice Room - Sold directly or through channel resellers, this all-inclusive, service-based subscription model allows customers to quickly adopt Dolby’s award-winning hardware with BlueJeans’ enterprise-grade cloud Meetings Platform through an OpEx purchasing model—eliminating large up-front capital expenditures and reducing lock-in and other risks associated with traditional CapEx purchases.
- Drove Microsoft Teams Adoption with BlueJeans Gateway Cloud Video Interop - The cloud-native infrastructure of the BlueJeans Gateway for Microsoft Teams turns all rooms into Teams rooms by allowing users to easily access Teams video meetings on any existing standards-based room system, including Cisco, Poly, LifeSize and more. Now with advanced security and real-time management and analytics capabilities via Command Center, the BlueJeans Gateway deploys in minutes to ensure every employee can participate in a Teams Meeting from conference rooms and huddle spaces. With the BlueJeans Gateway, customers like JLG Architects Saved More than $100,000 on their Teams transition!
- Announced the BlueJeans App Network - After making BlueJeans' APIs available to developers in 2018 to enable innovative companies to build new solutions with BlueJeans’ support, in February we announced the BlueJeans App Network—a hub for BlueJeans’ certified integrations that makes it easier for CIOs and organizations to connect workflows and drive productivity in the modern workplace.
- Achieved 4.7 on the App Store and 4.7 on Google Play - Following our acquisition of the MixBit mobile video engineering team and other assets in late 2018, our mobile team continues to innovate to make mobile video conferencing better and better, offering 3 different modes for people on the go – standard mode, low-data mode and commute mode. Adoption continues to grow as the workforce is increasingly dispersed and team members need to be productive wherever they are.
- Earned recognition in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Meeting Solutions - As one of the world’s leading research and advisory firms, Gartner’s Magic Quadrant showcases industry-leading companies for their ability to meet customer needs. In September, Gartner named BlueJeans a 'Visionary' once again in the Magic Quadrant for Meeting Solutions Based on Completeness of Vision and Ability to Execute.
Hindsight may be 2020, but it's clear the company’s achievements of 2019 required a lot of hard work and strategic foresight. A big thank you for the continued support, and we look forward to serving you even better in 2020.
Happy New Year from all of us at BlueJeans!